Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Shannon Co Clare (Hybrid)
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our growing business. The Senior Electrical Engineer’s role is to deliver electrical design for bespoke automated equipment for a fast-paced high technology Automation company working with customers in regulated industries.
This is a senior position operating in the electrical engineering department and reporting to the Department Manager.
The role of the Senior Electrical Engineer is to deliver electrical design solutions to all stages of the allocated project from the proposal, and quotation, through execution, delivery, and review within Modular Automation.
This will encompass planning project deliverables and technology selection strategies aligned with project goals in a cost-efficient manner.
Developing concepts and projects will include working closely with the commercial and engineering departments and the customer to ensure designs meet customer expectations and internal and external commercial considerations.
This role requires advanced knowledge of technologies and trends as well as working knowledge of disciplines involved in the delivery of such technologies and solutions.
- Own the execution, delivery & communication of allocated projects, reporting back on project progress (technical issues/project updates) to your lead as required.
- Deliver to all stages of the project from proposal, and quotation, through execution, delivery and review.
- Own design and development of equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Lead and participate in Design Reviews both internally and with Customers.
- Ensure good disciplines are in place, especially H&S, timekeeping, drawings standards, record keeping etc.
- Delegate and assume responsibilities within your project team as necessary to ensure project delivery.
- Review engineers and co-ops work where necessary (drawings, BOMs, etc.) for accuracy, suitability and compliance with requirements and standards.
- Create electrical/ pneumatic schematics and required additional documentation.
- Work to the project plan and schedule as determined by your Team Lead and/ or Department Manager
- Work closely with the Project Management team and cross-departmental project team.
- Ensure project requirements are reviewed, agreed with the customer and understood by yourself and project team members.
- Plan project tasks for yourself and any resources you are responsible for and oversee completion within the projects you are responsible for.
- Monitor project variables (Time, Cost, Scope, Risk, Changes) and communicate the status of these to the Team Leader and Project Manager (as appropriate).
- Comply with all relevant quality standards (Revision Control, Documentation, procedures etc.)
- Contribute to Lessons Learned reviews on projects.
- Liaise with the customer to receive all the information needed for the project on time.
- Travel might be required.
Quality and Innovation
- Lead the project team, sharing “Modular Know-How” and support the project team on problem-solving.
- Provide timely feedback on project team members to the Team Leader
- Contribute to the development of training plans for the team and support their implementation.
- Mentor junior team members
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Drive assigned continuous improvement tasks within the department.
- Drive assigned department goals and objectives.
- Present projects updates and designs with clear and effective communication
- Maintain clear structure & regular communications within the project team, department team and Team Lead
- Ensure communication takes place in a clear, timely, professional manner and records are maintained.
- Lead and feed into Project stand-up meetings
- Lead and feed meetings both internally and with Customers
- Communicate schedule risks, issues, and solutions with Team Lead and/ or Project Manager
- Collaborate across departments generating shared ownership of projects.
- Attend project meeting -bringing up to date information on agreed templates and scope.
Essential requirements & qualifications you need:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, electronic or Technology discipline with 5+ years’ experience in an engineering role
- Experience in machinery design based on the Machinery Directive design approach.
- Experience in cross-function collaboration and multi-discipline project deliverables
- Knowledge of the machine design standards, e.g., EN 60204, EN 10218, EN 4414
- Knowledge of the machinery safety and safety standards, e.g., EN13849, EN 12100, EN 14120
The Key Skills & Attributes we are looking for:
- Customer focused.
- Trustworthy & efficient
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions.
- Ability to work on your own & as part of team
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experienced in a machine building environment or complex controls environment
- Experienced in dealing with customers/clients and have experience in proposal development.
- Experienced in determining project timelines deliver to budget and schedule.
- Experienced in technical design and specification of automation equipment
- Extensive knowledge in the design of Electrical and Pneumatics Safety and Control systems
- Experienced in the creation of the Schematics
- Knowledge of the following systems EPLAN/AutoCAD Electrical
- Possess the ability to fault find electrical issues on all projects
- Working knowledge of CE Certification is an advantage
What we offer:
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working
- Working with latest technologies
- Opportunities for progression
- Diverse workforce
- A range of benefits
About Modular Automation
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 35 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past seven years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution.
We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
Modular Automation is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Job Location: Shannon Co Clare (Hybrid)
Reports to: Electrical Engineering Manager
Closing Date: 18th March 2023