Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Shannon Co Clare (Hybrid)
Modular Automation specializes in designing, building, and delivering automation solutions for the world’s most progressive manufacturers in the MedTech industry. With an international team of over 150 employees, we have delivered over 8,000 projects, integrated over three hundred robots, and received recognition by Deloitte as “Best Managed Company” for seven consecutive years in a row. We deliver outstanding automation solutions by leveraging innovative design, advanced engineering, and a passion for precision.
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join our growing business. The Senior Electrical Engineer’s role is to deliver electrical design for bespoke automated equipment for a fast-paced, high-technology automation company working with customers in regulated industries.
Developing concepts and projects will include working closely with the commercial and engineering departments and the customer to ensure designs meet customer expectations and internal and external commercial considerations.
This role requires advanced knowledge of technologies and trends as well as working knowledge of disciplines involved in the delivery of such technologies and solutions.
- Contribute to the entire project lifecycle, starting from proposal and quotation, through execution, delivery, and final review.
- Lead the design and development process of equipment, ensuring it fulfils customer needs and expectations.
- Craft Electrical and Pneumatic Schematics that adhere to international standards, ensuring a seamless and compliant design.
- Conduct a meticulous evaluation of electrical components to optimize system performance and cost-effectiveness, maximizing value for our customers.
- Produce comprehensive documentation, including Bills of Materials, Hardware Design Specifications, and Machine Manuals, for easy reference and efficient operation.
- Actively contribute to the Machinery CE Certification Process, ensuring compliance with the 2006/43/EC Machinery Directive, guaranteeing product safety.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills by presenting project updates and design concepts with clarity, precision, and visually appealing elements to maintain stakeholder alignment and project success.
- Ensure project requirements are reviewed, agreed with the customer, and understood by yourself and project team members.
- Deftly orchestrate project tasks for yourself and any assigned personnel, ensuring seamless execution and timely completion within the projects you oversee.
- Monitor project variables (Time, Cost, Scope, Risk, Changes) and communicate the status of these to the Team Leader and Project Manager (as appropriate).
- Actively participate in Design Reviews, both internally and with Customers, fostering collaboration and ensuring optimal product design.
- Support cost estimation for new projects, contributing to accurate financial planning and project success.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills by leading and participating in meetings with internal teams and customers to maintain project momentum and alignment.
- Effectively communicate identified schedule risks, issues, and potential solutions to the Team Lead and/or Project Manager to facilitate timely corrective actions and project adherence to timelines.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering discipline with 5+ years’ experience in an engineering role.
- Expertise in electrical design, including power systems, control systems, and instrumentation.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective communication and the ability to work harmoniously with others in a multifunctional project team are crucial.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and lead teams to successful completion.
- Experienced in developing project timelines that balance budget, schedule, and resource allocation.
- Experience in cross-function collaboration and multi-discipline project deliverables.
- Strong presentation skills to effectively present project updates, designs, and findings to stakeholders.
- Familiarity with relevant industry directives and standards.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities to effectively diagnose and rectify electrical malfunctions, ensuring system functionality.
- Familiarity with EPLAN/AutoCAD Electrical is an advantage.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What we offer:
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working
- Working with the latest technologies
- Opportunities for progression
- Diverse workforce
- A range of benefits
Modular Automation is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com