careers / Toolmaker Apprentice
Job Title: Toolmaker Apprentice
Location: Shannon, Co Clare
Company: Modular Automation
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past six years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
Role: Toolmaker Apprentice
You will work with the latest in cutting edge technologies as well as diverse multinational clients across ICT & Medical industries.
You will work with a highly experienced and talented team to deliver the best solutions for our customers.
We are committed to developing and empowering our people. We invest heavily in training and development. You will also have the support of an experienced mentor to guide you.
How the Apprenticeship Programme works
- The apprenticeship programme consists of alternating phases of on-the-job and off-the-job training and education.
- The duration is 4 years. 4 phases will be with Modular Automation and 3 phases will be spent at a training centre and with an Institute of Technology.
- On successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a Level 6 Advanced Certificate by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI).
What the job involves
- A toolmaker at Modular Automation is a skilled worker who utilises precision tools in the production and assembly of highly complex automation machines.
- You will be trained in a broad range of toolmaking and machine building skills.
- You will use modern manufacturing technologies such as robots along with hand and power tools.
- You will learn to interpret engineering drawings and technical data to ensure correct assembly of manufactured parts.
Benefits of an Apprenticeship
- Path to a career in engineering
- Earn as you learn
- Work in the growing automation sector
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Enthusiastic students with a strong interest in an engineering related subject.
- Good academic record. Project work in an engineering subject is an advantage.
- Good communicators and problem solvers.
- Positive attitude.
- Demonstrate good work practice including timekeeping, tidiness, responsibility, quality and safety awareness.
- As a toolmaker apprentice, you will need to be physically active and able to work with your hands
To apply, send a cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.