careers / Software Engineering Team Lead
Software Engineering Team Lead
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past seven years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
The role of the Software Engineering Team Lead is to lead a team of Software Engineers through all phases of Software Development from requirements through to deployment and post deployment support.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, the Team Lead will have responsibility for leading a team of software development, test and commissioning Engineers along with some 3rd party software partners.
We’re looking for an experienced Team Lead who is excited to build with the Software Engineering Manager and the other Team leads, a best in class Software Development Team. This will encompass planning project deliverables, software architecture strategies and resource profiles aligned with project and organizational goals.
This is a customer facing role with responsibility for meeting and managing customer needs and expectations while d developing lasting partnerships with key customers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years in similar role or related role
- L8 Degree in Software development related discipline
- L9 an advantage
- Team Leadership Experience
- Strong knowledge of Project/Program Management best practice
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, including Agile
- Experience of working on automation projects an advantage
- Experience in programming PLCs, including hardware layout and configuration an advantage.
- Experience in driving SW processes and tools improvements.
- Full Clean Drivers License is required.
Day to Day
- Responsible for oversight of your Software Engineering Team
- Leading a team of Software Engineers highly focused in the area of machine and manufacturing process control and their integration into high tech manufacturing businesses.
- Working with Project, Program and department managers, Lead Software activities with the project teams to consistently deliver projects on time, within budget and with high quality.
- Contribute to all stages of the project from proposal, through execution, delivery and review.
- Lead design and development of controls solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Lead technical meetings both internally and with Customers or Suppliers.
- Proactively research new technologies within all areas of Automation, Software Processes and Tools for potential adoption in products and the SDLC.
- Drive the department goals and objectives personally and with your team, in strong alignment to the Modular Software Delivery Excellence program and business initiatives.
- Some travel required (10%).
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and performance manage a high-performance team to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve their best performance in alignment with the company’s needs.
- Foster regular and open two way communications within the team
- Mentor your teams through 1:1’s & objective/balanced feedback on performance
- Working with the Software Engineering Manager, set goals and objectives for the team to build a high performing team.
Quality and Innovation
- Ensure good disciplines are in place within your team, especially H&S, time-keeping, record keeping etc.
- Be an active driver of the overall quality of the software on assigned projects and an active advocate to continually improve processes and tools that drives the SW forward in quality and reusability.
- Drive Lessons Learned reviews on projects.
- Foster innovation in all things as a team culture.
- Foster and drive effective and efficient communication internally and with customers.
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness on projects .
- Openly collaborate across departments generating shared ownership of projects to drive best practice across all items that affect product design and delivery.
- Lead and drive Continuous Improvement programmes within the business
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Focused on People Leadership and results oriented
- Excellent organisational & project management skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to lead a team
- Trustworthy & efficient
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions
- Systems thinker
- Excellent planning, prioritisation, and task management skills
- Programming experience in Robotics, Cobotics, Vision & Scada systems.
- Machine Systems Design.
- Allen Bradley products knowledge
- Experience in setting up Data Historians with Web Front End.
- Experience in VB, HTML or .NET programming.
- Knowledge of the stages of a System Design Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Industry 4.0 systems design and or deployment.
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical.
- Knowledge and/or experience in 21 CFR Part 11 implementation.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.