careers / Software Engineer
Company: Modular Automation
Location: Shannon, Co Clare
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past six years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
This role will report directly to the Controls Team Lead and will work as part of a team creating business intelligence projects for Modular Automation and our regulated Med Tech client base. This role would suit someone who is interested in creating innovative solutions that support data collection, storage, analysis, and visualization.
This role will involve developing IIOT solutions to integrate with various control system platforms including, but not limited to, Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Programmable Logic Control (PLC) systems, collaborative robotic systems, industrial vision systems, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP systems).
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, IT or Technology discipline
- Strong foundation in Java, C++, Python or similar (Common IIOT programming languages)
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Full Drivers Licences Required
- Work in cross functional team to create, design and develop innovative IIOT solutions
- Create technical IIOT strategy
- Assess and evaluate IIOT platforms and edge technologies
- Drive business direction in the IIOT space
- Create IIOT product offering
- Work in collaboration with design, electrical and validation departments
- Contribute to the delivery of project milestones throughout the lifetime of the project
- Support continuous improvement within the controls department
- Create relevant change control documentation
- Support department goals and objectives
- Create and sustain IIOT standards, procedures and templates
- Develop SQL Database, support server setup and middle-ware deployment
- Travel will be required
Key Skills & Attributes
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python or similar
- Keen interest in IIOT, new technologies and platforms
- Creative & curios in improving systems and machine performance
- Good understanding of PLC, HMI & communication protocols.
- Pro-active and strong sense of project ownership
- Technical writing skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
To apply, send a cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.