careers / Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past seven years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
The role will focus on the development of automation software solutions that utilise video analytics/machine vision aspects to deliver best in class custom automation solutions for a fast-paced high technology Automation company working with multinational customers in and FDA regulated manufacturing sector.
We’re looking for an experienced professional who is excited to join a continually evolving software controls team and bring their experience and energy to put their mark on our unique and innovative custom manufacturing process automation products and the very talented team that develop and deliver those products.
This is a customer facing role with responsibility for meeting customer needs and developing lasting partnerships with key customers as you develop solutions tailored to each customers unique requirement.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years in similar role or related role
- L8 Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or Technology discipline
- L9 an advantage
- Experience in Java,C, C++, Python or similar
- Keen interest and experience in video analytics and its application to solve real world problems.
- Demonstrated excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of statistical analysis tools as it applies to validation of vision system capability.
- Experience in embedded software, control systems or automation.
- Optimize algorithms and system to ensure real time performance
- Author detailed design documents including software architectures, algorithms, and interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to review code of peers for adherence to coding standards and design guidelines to meet performance and quality targets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop platform-level requirements from high level marketing requirements
- Specific experience working with or integrating machine vision into products
- Knowledge of industrial automation technologies and methodologies
- Knowledge in vision system hardware specification, including optics, cameras and lighting.
- Knowledge of OpenVino or OpenCV and their application into solutions.
- Experience in developing software solutions for control or automation systems.
- Experience developing and validating solutions to hard requirements in a regulated industry.
- Experience in the full software development lifecycle either waterfall, agile or hybrid models.
- Work in cross functional team to create, design and develop automation solutions with video analytic capability.
- Design & specification of vision system hardware and related components
- Develop, validate and commission onsite, automation solutions.
- Work in collaboration with Mechanical Design, Electrical, Build and Validation teams
- Support continuous improvement within the Software Controls team and broader business
- Support department goals and objectives
- Contribute to the development and sustaining of machine vision standards, procedures and templates
- Responsible for planning project work activities and delivering capable systems to defined timelines
- Contribute to project front end estimation and quote process to ensure it is complete and accurate.
- Work with the Commercial department and Software Principal Engineer to ensure appropriate platform selection and cost at concept and proposal stage.
- Identify value opportunities for customers within project proposals
- Communicate the accurate status of projects to project managers and department manager
- Promote innovation within the department and develop and execute continuous improvement program
Key Skills & Attributes
- Focused on delivery
- Excellent organisational skills
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated and solution orientated
- Trustworthy & efficient
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions
- Systems thinker
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and task management skills
- Fluency with Java, C, C++, Python or similar
- Keen interest in video analytics, machine vision, vision technology and hardware
- Good understanding of control and automation systems eg. PLC, HMI & communication protocols etc.
- Pro-active and strong sense of project outcome ownership
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail
- The role is based onsite in Modular Automation Shannon, Co. Clare
- The role involves some travel to supplier and vendor sites related to projects
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.