careers / Software Controls Engineer
Software Controls Engineer
Who we are?
We are Modular Automation, we specialize in designing, building, and delivering automation solutions for the world’s most progressive manufacturers in the MedTech industry. With an international team of over 170 employees, we have delivered over 8,000 projects, integrated over 300 robots, and have been recognized by Deloitte as “Best Managed Company” for 8 consecutive years in a row. We deliver outstanding automation solutions by leveraging innovative design, advanced engineering, and a passion for precision. In the 30+ years of operation, we have never not delivered, never let a customer down, and we believe that is A a reputation worth fighting for. Our value to our customers is “We always, always deliver”. This bold statement underpins our culture, our team, our people and the way we work together. Our customers know that they can trust us to deliver. We have the expertise, commitment, and determination to make the unknown known, and our team will go the extra mile to make it happen.
Does this sound like somewhere you would like to work? If so, keep reading….
What you need to have:
- A Degree in Electronic, IT or Technology discipline with 2+ years’ experience
- Experience of working on automation projects
- Experience in programming PLCs, including hardware layout and configuration
- Experience in Allen Bradley Platforms essential
- Programming experience in Robotics, Vision or Scada systems
- Experience in setting up Data Historians with Web Front End
- Experience in VB, HTML or .NET programming
- Knowledge of the stages of a System Design Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical
- Full drivers licence as travel is needed as part of this role
A typical working day or week for a Software Controls Engineer in Modular is…
- Working on projects ranging from Automated foundries to pick and place automated machines.
- Spend your days either carrying out software development, PLC work, HDMI or Robotics & Cobotics work
- Working closely with our mechanical and electrical engineers and technicians from start to finish of projects
- Proactively sourcing new technologies within all areas of Automation.
- Evaluating and assessing new technologies to see if they’re viable in our new solutions
- Getting involved in continuous improvement projects on the team
- Travel Required time to time for customer installs, evaluating technologies or customer support work
The Type of person suited to this role:
- Someone who loves to work as part of a team
- If you’ve a passion for technology and innovation
To apply, please send your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.