careers / Senior Software Project Manager
Senior Software Project Manager
You will report directly to the PM dept Manager, you will be work on the delivery of innovative solutions for our multinational client base, on time, in budget while managing the project scope. Role focus will be on managing software development component of large automation projects.
- Experience in managing the delivery of large custom software development projects
- The management of Vendors supplying into Integration projects
- Report to Senior Leadership Team and PM Manager a comprehensive overview off Projects including the Cost, Schedule, and scope.
- Contribute/lead Continuous improvement projects within the Project management team and process.
- Evaluate and assess new Project management tools.
- Support continuous improvement within the department
- Support department goals and objectives
- Support the development and agree schedules with the project team and Customer
- Take a leadership role with all project stakeholders.
- Develop project objectives and manage project performance.
- Perform project risk assessments and manage project risks.
- Ensure project requirements are reviewed, agreed with the customer and understood by yourself and project team members
- Liaise with the customer to receive on time all the information needed for the project.
- Plan project tasks for yourself and any resources you are responsible for and oversee completion within the projects you are responsible for.
- Monitor project variables (Time, Cost, Scope, Risk) and communicate the status of these to the Team Manager (as appropriate).
- Comply with all relevant quality standards (Revision Control, Documentation, procedures etc.)
- Maintain clear structure & regular communications within the project team
- Ensure communication takes place in a clear, timely, professional manner and records are maintained.
- Collaborate across Departments generating shared ownership of projects delivery and review
- Primary Degree BSc / BEng
- Project management qualification is an advantage
- 4+ years in a project engineering or project management role with a proven track record for large scale integration projects.
- Previous exp as a Controls / Software Engineer
- Detailed familiarity with the Software development lifecycle
Key Skills & Attributes
- Proven track record in leading and managing technical complex projects
- Possesses good understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
- Proactive and solutions focused with good organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & MS Project
- Ability to develop and mentor junior members of the department and organisation
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.