Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Shannon Co Clare (Hybrid)
We have an exciting career develop opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. You will be a leading member of the Mechanical Design team, working to ensure projects meet requirements, are delivered on time and within budget, reporting to the Mechanical Design Team Leader.
The role of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is to design, develop, and deliver the Mechanical Design of custom automation equipment. The role requires an ability to demonstrate strong technical skills balanced with strong people and process awareness, an understanding and ability to deploy current best practice while striving for continuous improvement in technologies and processes.
This role requires advanced knowledge of automation technologies and trends as well as working knowledge of disciplines involved in the delivery of such technologies and solutions. This is a customer facing role with responsibility for establishing and meeting customer needs and requirements, while developing lasting partnerships with key customers.
- Contribute to all stages of the project from proposal, through execution, delivery and review.
- Monitor and report on project progress (technical updates, scope, schedule cost) against plan.
- Design and development of equipment to meet customer requirements
- Carry out engineering calculations and component specification where required.
- Lead Design Reviews both internally and with Customers
- Work to the project plan and schedule as determined by the design lead.
- Work closely with cross-departmental project team.
- Ensure project requirements are understood.
- Plan project tasks for yourself and any resources you are responsible for and ensure completion within the projects.
- Comply with all relevant quality standards (Revision Control, Documentation, procedures etc.)
- Present designs at design reviews with clear and effective communication
- Mentor junior members of the department
- Delegate and ensure delivery of tasks where necessary
- Travel is required
Essential requirements & qualifications you need:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- 5+ years’ relevant industry experience
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor or equivalent 3D CAD design package.
- Experience in execution of mechanical design projects, from concept through to delivery, preferably in an Automation environment.
The Key Skills & Attributes we are looking for:
- Technically knowledgeable and creative
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proactive
- Trustworthy & efficient
- Technology aware, solution focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions
- Full Drivers Licence is required
What we offer:
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working
- Working with latest technologies
- Opportunities for progression
- Diverse workforce
- A range of benefits
About Modular Automation
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 35 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past seven years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution.
We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
Modular Automation is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Job Location: Shannon Co Clare (Hybrid)
Reports to: Design Department Manager
Closing Date: 31st October 2022
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org