careers / Senior Controls Engineer
Senior Controls Engineer
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past seven years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
The successful candidate will design and develop innovation automation solutions. You will do this by working with cross functional engineering teams, investigating the next generation technologies and translating these into controls solutions.
We have an exciting career develop opportunity for a Senior Controls Engineer. Your skills will be vital in providing leadership on projects and delivering best in class delivery for various projects.
- Lead all controls activities through each stage of a project from proposal, through execution, delivery and review
- Project ownership from management, communication, execution & delivery of allocated projects, reporting back on project progress (technical issues / project updates) as required.
- Manage the development and monitoring of project schedules
- Design and development of controls solutions to meet customer requirements
- Lead meetings both internally and with Customers
- Proactively source and new technologies within all areas of Automation.
- Evaluate and assess new technologies
- Support continuous improvement within the department
- Support department goals and objectives
- Travel required
Quality and Innovation
- Ensure good disciplines are in place within your team, especially H&S, time-keeping, record keeping etc.
- Responsibility for the overall quality of the software on assigned projects
- Drive Lessons Learned reviews on projects
- Foster innovation as a team culture
- Support with documentation and procedure creation within the controls team
- Effective and efficient communication with customers
- Show commercial awareness on projects
- Collaborate across departments generating shared ownership of projects
- Lead and drive Continuous Improvement programmes within the business
- Monitor and mentor junior team members
- Lead and feed into Project stand-up meetings
- Communicate schedule risks, issues and solutions with Team Lead and Project Manager
- Attend weekly project meeting -bringing up to date information on agreed templates (4 Blocker)
- Degree in Electronic, IT or Technology discipline with 5+ years’ experience in a controls role
- Experience of working on automation projects
- Experience in programming PLCs, including hardware layout and configuration
- Experience in Allen Bradley Platforms essential
- Programming experience in Robotics, Cobotics, Vision & Scada systems
- Experience in setting up Data Historians with Web Front End
- Experience in VB, HTML or .NET programming
- Knowledge of the stages of a System Design Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical
Full, Clean Drivers License is required.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.