Research, Development, and Innovation (RD&I) Specialist
Location: Shannon, Co. Clare
The role of the Research, Development and Innovation Specialist is to develop and manage the research and innovation projects for Modular Automation, this will include active projects for customers and internal development projects.
The role of the Research, Development and Innovation Specialist is to lead on the strategic direction of RD&I at Modular and Co-ordinate the R&D process to ensure good governance and compliance around R&D revenue submissions. This role is responsible for championing innovation in the business, fostering a culture of innovation through strong ideation and development best practices.
This individual is responsible for identifying opportunities for RD&I in the business, creation of the RD&I roadmap & strategy and coordinating and documenting R&D activities in compliance with Revenue Guidelines.
We’re looking for an experienced leader who is excited to lead, manage and grow a best-in-class RD & I capability for a business that is scaling.
The right candidate will be responsible for delivering customer and business value through technical expertise, thought leadership and problem-solving capability.
Day to Day Operations
- Co-ordinate R&D processes and writeups.
- Maintain effective communication channels with members of management and engineering and project teams.
- Work closely with the commercial function to identify R&D opportunities and be the voice of RD&I during the commercial process.
- Involved in Proof of Principle projects.
- Define and develop Modular Automation Core technologies
- Investigate state of the art as applies to core technologies and maintain a core technologies roadmap to be leveraged in R&D revenus submissions.
- Core Technology Development – identify opportunities to progress capability and knowledge in core technologies.
- Direct the innovation and knowledge capabilities of the company towards creating technological value for the business.
- Proactively manage project technical risks and implement risk mitigation measures.
- Promote a quality culture across the RD&I team.
RD&I Strategy Advancement
- Owner of the “Always innovating” Strategic pillar, develop RD&I strategic plan and report on progress.
- Co-ordinate DTIF Program (Disruptive Technology Innovation Fund)
- Support and participate in the development of strategic planning and proposals for research and projects.
- Co-ordinate internal Continuous Improvement (CI) activity across the business and agree priorities with the Leadership team.
- RD&I Process & Tools Rollout
- Identify partners to collaborate with to advance and strengthen RD&I capability and capacity.
- Identify areas for further research and development
Funding to support R&D
- Identify external funding and supports to advance core technologies and internal business processes etc. Develop proposals for funding based on the identified innovation strategy and work with partners to access financial and technical support.
Essential requirements & qualifications you need:
- 5+ years in a similar role
- L8 Degree in Engineering
- Project Management experience
- Technical Writing
- Experience in managing R&D tax credit submission and a good understanding of the revenue guidelines as it relates to R&D.
The Key Skills & Attributes we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Focused and target driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- Focused on delivery
- Trustworthy and efficient
- Ability to make responsible and effective decisions
- Excellent planning, prioritisation, and task management skills
What we offer:
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working
- Working with latest technologies
- Opportunities for progression
- Diverse workforce
- A range of benefits
About Modular Automation
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 35 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past seven years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution.
We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
Modular Automation is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Job Location: Shannon Co Clare (Hybrid)
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Closing Date: 31st January 2023