careers / Quality & Validation Manager
Quality & Validation Manager
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past six years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
This is a senior management position operating at a high level in the business and reporting to the Engineering Director. The department manager will have responsibility for leading and managing a team of Validation & Quality Engineers.
The role of the Department Manager is to lead the Quality & Validation capability for the business. This will encompass planning project deliverables and validation strategies per project requirements. Developing the quality objectives in alignment with business goals.
The manager will ensure effective daily operations of this department ensuring that the team meet both department goals and wider business goals and objectives. The role requires an ability to deliver strong technical leadership balanced with strong people management.
This is a customer facing role with responsibility for meeting customer needs and developing lasting partnerships with key customer.
- 5+ years in similar role
- L8 Degree in Electronic, IT or Technology discipline
- Management Experience
- Responsible for the day to day activities of the Quality and Validation department
- Responsibility for ensuring the Quality & Validation team deliver best in class validation strategies to meet project requirements and delivering on budget.
- Set goals and objectives for the team and build a high performing team
- Responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of the team and other resources within the department
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and performance manage staff to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs
- Embed clear structure and regular communications within team
- Coach through 1:1’s & feedback on performance
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select and hire the very best talent
Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Promote innovation within the department and develop and execute continuous improvement program for the department
Grow Profile of the Quality & Validation Department
- Maintain & Develop lasting partnerships with customers, technology partners, universities etc.
- Represent your department at management level
- Collaborate with peers on the management team to deliver best outcomes for the department and the wider business
Key Skills & Attributes
- Customer focused
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Trustworthy & efficient
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions
- Excellent communication skills
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.