careers / Project Scheduler
The role of the Project Scheduler is to develop update and coordinate Project Schedules with internal departments and external stakeholders. You will develop, coordinate, integrate and manage project schedules on a diverse array of projects. You must be able to identify Critical path, understand float in order to support prioritisation of resources and tasks across a project portfolio.
The successful candidate will work very closely with our Project Managers and collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate, manage, and grow a best-in-class project scheduling system. You will report directly to the manager of our Project Management department.
This role is responsible for the management of scheduling projects to deliver to our customers. The role will be based in Shannon, Co. Clare but will entail travel within Ireland.
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past seven years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
- Responsible for development and management of project schedules across the full project lifecycle
- Establishing project objectives in line with the project managers and ensure goals & timelines are achieved
- Identification of project milestones, monitor & report on same
- Critical Path development & analysis
- In house expert of MS Project Scheduling tools
- Liaising with project management team with regular schedule performance status reports
- Establish project schedule resource requirements
- Develop and Communicate tools for the target completion of project goals
- Provide performance updates / reports views for identification of variances and corrective action
- Review of metrics for schedules and change activities across the lifecycle of a programme
- Developing planning strategies for proposals and programme execution
- Undertaking Schedule risk analysis and applying schedule risk reserve
- Work closely with PMO especially around the development of WBS (work breakdown structures)
- Work with clients to determine and implement solutions to their schedule needs
- Help with the roll-out of best practice scheduling training solutions to the PM community
- Supporting Heads of Department in establishing resource allocation across multiple projects
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Scheduling of complex projects
- L8 Degree in Engineering or related area
- Expert user of MS Project Scheduling tools
- Experience of applying Earned Value Management across portfolios
- Significant experience of working from own initiative, taking ownership of work / projects
- Proven track record of achieving objectives and delivering value for the organisation
- Experience working with Automation systems preferred
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Focused and target driven
- Focused on delivery
- Excellent organisational skills
- Trustworthy & efficient
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and task management skills
- Excellent time management skills
To apply, please send your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.