careers / Mechatronics Work-Based Engineering Degree
Mechatronics Work-Based Engineering Degree
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past seven years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
You will work with technical staff in carrying out design and testing of automation equipment.
You will work with a highly experienced and talented team to deliver the best solutions for our customers.
We are committed to developing and empowering our people. We invest heavily in training and development. You will also have the support of an experienced mentor to guide you.
- The programme consists of on-the-job and off-the-job training and education.
- The duration is 3 years.
- This will entail working three days per week for Modular Automation and studying online for two days per week on the B Eng in Mechatronic Systems from Institute of Technology Sligo.
- On successful completion of your Mechatronics Work-Based Engineering Programme, you will be awarded a Level 7 Bachelor of Engineering from Institute of Technology Sligo.
- After three years you will have the opportunity to progress on to an Honours Degree in Mechatronics.
What you will do
- Shadowing and assisting technical staff in carrying out design and testing of automation equipment.
- Executing gradually more demanding technical tasks under supervision.
- Carrying out unskilled tasks as required by Modular Automation
- Attending online classes as required and scheduled by IT Sligo (both within and outside normal working hours)
- Carrying out specific tasks as required by IT Sligo within Modular Automation.
- Satisfactorily submitting all assignments and performing satisfactorily in all assessments required for progression on the B Eng in Mechatronics Systems programme.
Benefits of the Mechatronics Work-Based Engineering Programme
- Path to a career in engineering
- Earn as you learn
- Work in the growing automation sector
Key Skills & Attributes
- Enthusiastic students with a strong interest in an engineering related subject.
- Good academic record. Project work in an engineering subject is an advantage.
- Good communicators and problem solvers.
- Positive attitude.
- Demonstrate good work practice including timekeeping, tidiness, responsibility, quality and safety awareness.
- As a mechatronics student, you will need to be physically active and able to work with your hands.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.