Mechanical Design Engineer
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will work on developing complex automation solutions for our global multinational customer base.
The successful candidate will develop innovative automation solutions by working with cross functional engineering teams, designing the mechanical elements our of automation machines.
- You will be responsible for design and development of automated equipment to meet customer requirements, owning design elements from concept to project delivery.
- 3D and 2D design and detailing (using Autodesk Inventor and Solidworks)
- Component selection and specification
- Engineering calculations
- Design analysis and optimization
- Project Documentation (Technical document creation, review, and control)
- You will contribute to the delivery of projects, to the required scope, budget, schedule, and quality, reporting back on project progress and performance; from concept/proposal, through execution, delivery, and review.
- Ensure project requirements are reviewed and understood, and agreed with the customer.
- Plan and prioritise work, across multiple projects, and ensure completion.
- Participate in and lead (internal and external) workshops, reviews and meetings, presenting design information and project updates with clear and effective communication.
- Ensure communication takes place in a clear, timely, professional manner and records are maintained.
- Collaborate across Departments generating shared ownership of projects delivery and review.
- Work with multi-discipline teams to achieve project and company goals.
- Collaborate with project teams, sharing knowledge and working on problem solving.
- Deliver optimum solutions to customer challenges, delivering on commitment to innovation and best in class proposals while ensuring fit-for-purpose and efficient designs.
- Encourage and foster safe environment for people to come up with ideas, ask questions and challenge constructively.
- Investigate & champion technologies that add value for the business and customer.
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement within the department and across the business.
- The role involves travel to customer and vendor sites as well as events, in Ireland and beyond.
Essential requirements & qualifications you need:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- 2+ years experience in the field of Mechanical Design/Engineering
- Experience in the use of Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks (or equivalent package)
- Full Drivers License is required
- Experience in the development of automated equipment
- Bespoke project delivery experience
The Key Skills & Attributes we are looking for:
- Project delivery capabilities in terms of managing scope, schedule, cost, quality, and risk.
- Planning, organisational, prioritisation, and task management skills
- Design solution development skills
- Commercial understanding
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions.
- Curious about technology and well informed of technology
- Customer focused
- Trustworthy & efficient
What we offer:
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working
- Working with latest technologies
- Opportunities for progression
- Diverse workforce
- A range of benefits
About Modular Automation
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 35 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past seven years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution.
We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
Modular Automation is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Job Location: Shannon Co Clare (Hybrid)
Reports to: Design Department Manager
Closing Date: 31st December 2023