Modular Automation specialise in designing, building, and delivering automation solutions for the world’s most progressive manufacturers in the MedTech industry. With an international team of over 150 employees, we have delivered over 8,000 projects, integrated over three hundred robots, and received recognition by Deloitte as “Best Managed Company” for seven consecutive years in a row. We deliver outstanding automation solutions by leveraging innovative design, advanced engineering, and a passion for precision. Our value to our customers is “We always, always deliver.” This bold statement underpins our culture, our team, our people, and the way we work together. Our customers know that they can trust us to deliver. We have the expertise, commitment, and determination to make the unknown known, and our team will go the extra mile to make it happen.
You will work as a member of the Purchasing team under the guidance of the Supply Chain Manager & Purchasing Lead where you will be responsible for Supplier Management, Managing Supplier Purchase orders and working closely with Project Managers to keep supplier materials commitments. In addition to be able to negotiate with suppliers on cost, delivery, quality, and performance will be required.
- Working daily with the project and sourcing teams to release purchase orders in a timely manner for our Shannon operations.
- Keeping a line of communication between our suppliers and project teams to help support meeting required delivery dates of project builds.
- Daily interaction with external Modular Automation suppliers.
- Run weekly/ monthly / ad hoc supplier calls to run through live orders and provide accurate information to project and build operations teams.
- Responsible for providing ship dates for the Project teams to meet need-by dates for project builds.
- Maintaining realistic dates on purchase orders for accuracy of information to production and project planning.
- Communicating daily with project managers and engineers on various outstanding BOM or updates.
- Supporting with requests to expedite or de-expedite deliveries as needed.
- Working with suppliers to meet on-time delivery performance and adhere to best-in-class customs compliance controls.
- Ensure suppliers issue all required documentation& procedures for customs approvals in a timely manner to avoid any delays and not impact lead times.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Experienced in Purchasing & Logistics processes.
- IT skills (Word, Excel, etc.) is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prepare and maintain records and files in an automated system. Previous experience of MRP or ERP systems
- Previous experience of high paced working environment
- Experience in the Electro /Mechanical industry
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise.
- Flexible & adaptable, ability to change focus aligned to business needs.
- Ability to influence others.
- Initiative-taking and solutions focused on good organisational skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- 3 years + experience working in a Supply Chain Purchasing environment.
- Supplier Management experience and
- 3rd Level Supply Chain/Business qualification Level 6 or Level 7 is preferred.
Modular Automation offer the following benefits:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Free doctor visits
- Health insurance contributions
- Permanent health insurance
- Company bonus
- Maternity Leave
- 23 days annual leave entitlement and increases based on service length.
- Company pension plan
- Training support and professional development opportunities
- Volunteering, charity, and fundraising activities
- Sports and social club
- Bike to work scheme and free onsite gym.
- Modular health and well-being committee
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
Modular Automation is an Equal Opportunities Employer