careers / Machine Vision Application Engineer
Machine Vision Application Engineer
Role: Machine Vision Application Engineer
The role of the Machine Vision Application Engineer is to inspect, align, and measurement vision systems for a fast-paced high technology Automation company working with multinational customers in the FDA-regulated manufacturing sector.
We’re looking for an experienced professional who is excited to develop and implement best in class vision system solutions. This will encompass planning project deliverables aligned with project and product goals. The role involves the development of company vision system capabilities through the application of industry best practice and leading technology and application to the development of innovative solutions
The role requires the development of internal vision lab capability to facilitate rapid solutions prototyping and proof of concept.
This is a customer-facing role with responsibility for meeting customer needs and developing lasting partnerships with key customers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years in a similar role or related role
- L8 Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or Technology discipline
- L9 an advantage
- Experience in Java, C++, Python, or similar
- Keen interest and experience in machine vision
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Data gathering & data analysis skills
- Good working knowledge of statistical analysis tools as it applies to validation of vision system capability
- Extensive knowledge of industrial automation technologies and methodologies
- Expert Knowledge in the development of vision applications for industrial automation
- Expert knowledge in vision system hardware selection and specification including optics, cameras and lighting.
- Expert knowledge in optical sensor technology selection
- Work in a cross-functional team to create, design, and develop machine vision solutions
- Design & specify vision system hardware and related components
- Develop, commission, and validate the vision solution on multiple projects
- Work in collaboration with design, electrical, and validation departments
- Contribute to the delivery of project milestones throughout the lifetime of the project
- Support continuous improvement within the controls department
- Create relevant change control documentation
- Support department goals and objectives
- Develop and sustain vision standards, procedures, and templates
- Responsible for setting and documenting standards for vision applications
- Responsible for planning project work activities and delivering capable systems to defined timelines
- Develop accurate labour and material costings based on customer scope
- Work with the Commercial department to ensure appropriate platform selection and cost at the concept and proposal stage.
- Identify value opportunities for customers within project proposals
- Communicate the status of projects to the project manager and department manager
- Promote innovation within the department and develop and execute continuous improvement program
- Work to achieve rapid proof of concept (POC) on vision applications
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Focused on delivery
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-motivated and solution-orientated
- Trustworthy & efficient
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions
- Systems thinker
- Excellent planning, prioritisation, and task management skills
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar
- Keen interest in machine vision, vision technology, and hardware
- Good understanding of PLC, HMI & communication protocols.
- Pro-active and strong sense of project outcome ownership
- Technical writing skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- The role is based onsite in Modular Automation Shannon, Co. Clare
- The role involves travel to supplier and vendor sites related to projects
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.