careers / Head of PMO
Head of PMO
Joining Modular Automation means joining an accomplished team of innovators, to help blue chip medical device manufacturing companies advance their capabilities. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex manufacturing processes.
We have an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join our team as Head of PMO. Prior experience in establishing a PMO is essential to be successful in this role. We are looking for someone who is very analytic and loves data. A person who can use data to drive efficiencies in our projects and drive overall business improvements.
This role will report to our CEO and will work closely with the rest of the Senior Leadership Team and business stakeholders to establish a best in class PMO. The role has the responsibility to lead the PMO function and team within it.
The successful candidate will be in a customer facing role with the responsibility of developing and maintaining customer relationships.
Establish and Lead a Best in Class PMO
- Establish, Lead and Manage a best in class PMO Function and Team
- Lead the design and implementation of a common project management methodology, standards and tools to drive and facilitate the successful delivery of projects
- Lead the execution of a PMO governance, reporting and review framework to provide a holistic view of all organisational project activity
- Report to CEO and Senior Leadership team on the performance of all projects against project KPI’s (schedule, cost, quality)
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated
- Implement a global project prioritisation methodology to ensure cross business alignment on project priorities
- Establish a PMO that enables the strategic coordination of multiple major projects and initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of projects
- Foster collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with project leaders and senior stakeholders, assess cross-functional project team capability, provide coaching, training and support to enhance the project management capability, and improve collaborative development and project results.
- Line management of the PMO group
- Develop an effective escalation path within Project Management
- Maintain & Develop lasting partnerships with customers suppliers & internal stakeholders
- Represent PMO at SLT Level
Qualifications, Key Skills & Attributes
- At least 10 years of experience working within Project Management
- PMP certified
- Experience establishing a PMO function
- Data driven, strong analytical skills
- People Management (project management team management preferable)
- Strong track record of assisting the Project/Programme Managers in successful project delivery by managing and coordinating with various stakeholders
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, organisational, and time-management skills
- Experience managing project/programme budgets
- Experience managing governance and project risks
- Medical devices Automation/Software industry is an advantage
Closing date for applications: 9th October 2020
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.