careers / Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Location: Customer Sites in Ireland (Cork (Primarily), Limerick, Galway)
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past seven years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
We’re looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join our team due to the continued growth of our business. Your skills will be vital to manage activities on customers sites, testing systems and verify that installations or repairs were successful. This is a customer facing role with responsibility for meeting customer needs and developing lasting partnerships with key customers by liaising with them in a professional manner.
As Field Service Engineer, you will be travelling nationwide, primarily in Cork, to work on customer sites, ensuring installations, scheduled maintenance and training of the product on customer sites are completed meeting service level agreement.
- Communicate with customers to determine needs and explain complex issues
- Diagnose complex automation issues
- Attend relevant equipment breakdowns if they occur, diagnose faults, identify parts required and make the repair
- Oversee repairs and technical improvements
- Installation and maintenance of product on site to a high and consistent standard
- Inspect/test material and machinery for safety
- Ensure proper maintenance of onsite equipment
- Supervise and direct onsite personnel as required
- Submit issues for escalation to appropriate department in Modular Automation site if required in a concise manner, manage issue to resolution
- Responsible for maintaining customer service logs, internal service, and stock order records
- Manage field activities and implement engineering designs
Qualifications & Experience:
- Third level qualification in one or more of the following – Electrical, Software, Controls, or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Multi-disciplinary experience in a similar role
- Well-versed in technical aspects of field projects, including machinery and equipment
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- An analytical mind and strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to work under pressure and occasional overtime and weekends
- Ability to manage issues to rapid conclusion
- Excellent problem-solver and able to manage issues to resolution when they arise
- Ability to read Electrical drawings and system P&ID’s
- Strong software PLC experience
- Understanding of safety guidelines
- Familiar with the technical aspects of machines, equipment, and technology used in different field projects
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.