careers / Electrical Engineering Manager
Electrical Engineering Manager
Leaning on decades of experience, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialize in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions that automate highly complex manufacturing processes. Our 160+ accomplished and determined engineers collaborate closely with our customers, supporting them on the automation journey as they invest in smart methods of manufacturing that drive productivity and business efficiencies.
You will lead the Electrical Engineering team within our fast-paced, high technology automation company. This position will be operating at a high level in the business and will be reporting to our Engineering Director. You will develop our Electrical Engineering capability which includes planning project deliverables and platform selection strategies aligned with project goals. It will also involve the development of departmental capabilities through the development of team members.
The role requires effective daily operations management of the department ensuring that the team meets both department goals and wider business goals and objectives. The role requires the ability to deliver strong technical leadership balanced with strong people management.
This is a customer-facing role with responsibility for meeting customer needs and developing lasting partnerships with key customers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years in a similar role or related role
- L8 Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- People Management Experience an advantage
- Responsible for the day to day activities of the Electrical Engineering department
- Responsibility for ensuring the Electrical Engineering team delivers best in class project delivery to meet project requirements and delivering on schedule and on budget.
- Set goals and objectives for the team and build a high performing team
- Responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of the team and other resources within the department
- Create and manage department work plans
- Ensure team Capacity and Capability is in place to deliver on business needs
- Work with the Commercial department to ensure appropriate platform selection and costing at the concept and proposal stage.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and performance manage the team to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve the best performance to meet the company’s needs
- Embed clear structure and regular communications within the team including standard work of department, strategic alignment, workload management, and department scorecards
- Ability to coach teams through 1:1’s & feedback on performance
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select and hire the very best talent
Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Promote innovation within the department and develop and execute continuous improvement program for the department
- Work to embed and promote a culture of standardization and continuous improvement work processes
- Sponsor company CI program within Electrical Engineering by facilitating the learning and development of CI skills as well as measurement and facilitation of departmental CI plans
- By contributing through self and others drive department relevant technology research, platform and component selection for projects and continually look for innovative and cost-effective solutions.
Grow Profile of the Electrical Engineering Department
- Set, communicate and manage strategic objectives for the Electrical Engineering team
- Maintain & Develop lasting partnerships with customers, technology partners, universities, etc.
- Represent Electrical Engineering team at management level
- Collaborate with peers on the management team to deliver the best outcomes for the department and the wider business
Key Skills & Attributes
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Trustworthy & efficient
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions
- Systems thinker
- Excellent planning, prioritization and task management skills
- The role is based onsite in Modular Automation Shannon, Co. Clare
- The role involves travel to supplier and vendor sites related to projects
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.