careers / Electrical Apprentice
Job Title: Electrical Apprentice
Location: Shannon, Co Clare
Company: Modular Automation
We are an Irish company that has devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print, and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past six years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions that automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration, we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
Role: Electrical Apprentice
You will work with the latest in cutting edge technologies as well as diverse multinational clients across ICT & Medical industries. You will work with a highly experienced and talented team to deliver the best solutions for our customers. We are committed to developing our people. We invest heavily in training and development. You will also have the support of an experienced mentor to guide you.
- The apprenticeship program consists of alternating phases of on-the-job and off-the-job training and education.
- The duration is 4 years. 4 phases will be with Modular Automation and 3 phases will be spent at a training center and with an Institute of Technology.
- On successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a Level 6 Advanced Certificate by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI).
What the job involves
- An electrician at Modular Automation is involved in the installation, commissioning, testing, and maintenance of various wiring systems
- You will have the opportunity to work with the latest advances in modern technology
- You will work with technical drawings and diagrams of complex automation machines
- You will be trained in the core skills to qualify as an electrician
Benefits of an Apprenticeship
- Path to a career in engineering
- Earn as you learn
- Work in the growing automation sector
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Enthusiastic students with a strong interest in an engineering-related subject.
- Good academic record. Project work in STEM subjects is an advantage.
- Good communicators and problem solvers.
- Positive attitude.
- Demonstrate good work practice including timekeeping, tidiness, responsibility, quality, and safety awareness.
- Ability to work with your hands
- Travel will be required
To apply, send a cover letter and cv to email@example.com
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.