careers / EHS Specialist
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past six years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
This role is based in the Engineering Function and will have responsibility for all aspects of plant operational safety which includes the implementation of best practice.
We’re looking for a team player who is passionate about all things health and safety. The role is perfectly suited to an individual looking for a rewarding career to expand their skills in a collaborative, dynamic and agile business.
The role provides an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fast paced high technology Automation company working with customers in regulated industries. This highly technical role interacts with all functions of Modular Automation and as such requires both subject matter expertise and highly proficient interpersonal and communication skills.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Applies a full understanding of area of specialisation to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, functions and cross group dependencies/relationships.
- 5+ years working in a similar role
- Level 7 or Level 8 in an Environment, Health & Safety related discipline
- Experience working within a high performing safety management system
- Knowledge and experience of applying EHS related practices and principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Machine workshop and equipment assembly experience
- Machine safety (CE) experience or qualification is an advantage
- Experience in the medical device or other regulated industry
- Risk Assessment, HAZID & HAZOP analysis experience
- Experience working in an Environment, Health and Safety role
- EN140001 experience
- Strong business process and systems knowledge and experience
- Desire to learn and develop equipment CE marking processes, systems and standards
- Co-ordinate and review sub suppliers’ equipment, carry out risk assessments, make remediation recommendations, manage remedial actions and maintain supplier risk and compliance documentation
- Keeping up to date with changing regulatory requirements and responsibilities ensuring that Modular Automation remains compliant
- Accident and incident investigation, reporting and remediation
- Risk Assessment of third party work locations
- Lead a cross functional safety team
- Drive operational safety awareness, learning and initiatives in the facility
- Design and sustain operational safety systems, to include process, tools, reporting etc
- Drive continuous improvement of operational safety systems
- Drive focus on leading cultural safety awareness
- Create and manage workstreams and initiatives
Key Skills & Attributes
- Flexible & adaptable, ability to change focus aligned to business needs
- Ability to influence others
- Proactive and solutions focused with good organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent technical skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & MS Project
- Inner directed
- Technical writing
- Team player
To apply, send in your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.