careers / Controls Team Lead
Controls Team Lead
Leaning on decades of experience, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialize in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex manufacturing processes. Our 150+ accomplished and determined engineers collaborate closely with our customers, supporting them on the automation journey as they invest in smart methods of manufacturing that drive productivity and business efficiencies.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Controls Engineer who will work on developing complex automation solutions for our global multinational customer base.
The successful candidate will design and develop innovation automation solutions. You will do this by working with cross functional engineering teams, investigating the next generation technologies and translating these into controls solutions.
Team Lead Controls
- You will be responsible for leading a team of controls Engineers
- Lead Software activities with the project teams to deliver projects on time and on budget with required quality level.
- Contribute to the management, communication, execution & delivery of allocated projects, reporting back on project progress (technical issues / project updates) as required.
- Contribute to all stages of the project from proposal, through execution, delivery and review
- Design and development of controls solutions to meet customer requirements
- Lead meetings both internally and with Customers
- Proactively source and new technologies within all areas of Automation.
- Evaluate and assess new technologies
- Support continuous improvement within the department
- Support department goals and objectives
- Travel required
Quality and Innovation
- Ensure good disciplines are in place within your team, especially H&S, time-keeping, record keeping etc.
- Responsibility for the overall quality of the software on assigned projects
- Drive Lessons Learned reviews on projects
- Foster innovation as a team culture
- Support with documentation and procedure creation within the controls team
- Effective and efficient communication with customers
- Show commercial awareness on projects
- Collaborate across departments generating shared ownership of projects
- Lead and drive Continuous Improvement programmes within the business
Communication and People
- Present project updates at TL’s weekly forum with clear and effective communication
- Maintain clear structure & regular communications within team and the controls group
- Coaching through performance reviews, feedback and goal setting
- Support development of training and development plans for team members
- Degree in Electronic, IT or Technology discipline with 5+ years’ experience in a controls role
- Experience of working on automation projects
- Experience in programming PLCs, including hardware layout and configuration
- Experience in Allen Bradley Platforms essential
- Programming experience in Robotics, Cobotics, Vision & Scada systems
- Experience in setting up Data Historians with Web Front End
- Experience in VB, HTML or .NET programming
- Knowledge of the stages of a System Design Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical
- Full Drivers License is required
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.