careers / Controls Engineer
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past six years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies. The controls engineer reports directly to the Controls Team Lead, you will be work on the development of innovative solutions for our multinational client base. The role provides an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fast paced high technology Automation company working with customers in regulated industries
- Contribute to the management, communication, execution & delivery of allocated projects, reporting back on project progress (technical issues / project updates) as required.
- Contribute to all stages of the project from proposal, through execution, delivery and review
- Design and development of equipment to meet customer requirement
- Proactively source new technologies within all areas of Automation.
- Evaluate and assess new technologies
- Support continuous improvement within the department
- Support department goals and objectives
- Work to the project plan and schedule as determined by the Team/Project lead.
- Work closely with Project Management team and cross-departmental project team
- Comply with all relevant quality standards (Revision Control, Documentation, procedures etc.)
- Degree in Automation, Electronic, IT or Technology discipline with 5+ years’ experience
- Experience of working on automation projects
- Experience in programming PLCs, including hardware layout and configuration
- Experience in Allen Bradley Platforms essential
- Full Drivers Licence Required
- Travel will be required
- Programming experience in Robotics, Vision or Scada systems
- Experience in setting up Data Historians with Web Front End
- Experience in VB, HTML or .NET programming
- Knowledge of the stages of a System Design Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical
To apply, send in your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.