careers / Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Location: Shannon, Co Clare
We are an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. Consecutively chosen as a Best Managed Company in Ireland by Deloitte for the past seven years, we are committed to always, always delivering the right solution. We specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes. Through deep client collaboration we support our customers on the automation journey as they transition to smart methods of manufacturing that ultimately drive productivity and business efficiencies.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team due to the continued growth of our business. The department manager will have responsibility for leading and managing a team of Technical Sales Engineers in Ireland and in the US.
The role of the Department Manager is to lead the BD capability for the business. The manager of this department is to ensure that the team meet both department goals and wider business goals and objectives.
This is a customer facing role with responsibility for meeting customer needs and developing lasting partnerships with key customers.
- Responsible for the day to day activities of the Technical Sales department
- Set goals and objectives for the team and build a high performing team
- Ensure sales team meet sales targets, track and manage all sales inquiries to meet proposal commitment dates
- Generate reports for the Senior Leadership Team
- Sales versus target
- New proposal activity, U.S & Irl
- Other KPI’s
- Review all proposals and costing ensuring they are at a high level and meet the minimum gross profit targets
- Manage teams in both US and Ireland
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and performance manage staff to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs
- Embed clear structure and regular communications within team
- Coach through 1:1’s & feedback on performance
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select and hire the very best talent
- Ensure each of the team have goals and priorities and reviewed at least twice a year.
- Monitor performance and activity at least bi-weekly with each team member.
- Develop and grow the team into a high-performance outfit.
- Ensure training and developments plans are in place annually.
Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Identify areas of improvement in the process and execute.
Grow Profile of the Commercial Department
- Maintain & Develop lasting partnerships with customers
- Attend industry events & tradeshows to grow our profile
- Represent your department at management level
- Inform managers of sales proposal priorities.
- Inform mgt. team on progress and give early warning of proposal about to convert
- Collaborate with peers on the management team to deliver best outcomes for the department and the wider business
- 5+ years in similar role
- L8 Degree in Business (Desirable)
- Management Experience
- Full Drivers Licence as travel will be required
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Strong commercial understanding
- Customer focused
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Trustworthy & efficient
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions
- Excellent communication skills
Please send a CV and cover letter to HR@modularauto.ie
Submit Your CV
If you don’t see a match for your talents among our current open positions, please do still email your CV with a cover note to be considered for future opportunities.